Thursday, January 15, 2015

Strawberry Cranberry Overnight Oats

Hi All ~

Anyone who knows me also knows that I'm perpetually lazy. There's no cure. And I'm also not a morning person. Which means… I almost never have breakfast.

At least, until I found overnight oats. It's literally a lifesaver. You just throw a bunch of stuff into a jar, shake it up, stick it in the fridge, and you're done! And here's the kicker - they're to die for, and you can use a bunch of different ingredients! In this recipe I use cranberry juice, which is a great source of antioxidants and Vitamin C.

You can make these oats the night before for breakfast, and they can keep for up to 3 days.



Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of overnight oats
  • 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
  • 1 cup of cranberry juice
  • 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup of strawberry jam
  • a handful of craisins
  • a tablespoon of dried coconut flakes
Tools:
  • measuring spoons
  • a large jar (I used a leftover ragu tomato sauce jar, thoroughly washed out)
Directions:
  1. Combine all the ingredients into the jar except for the craisins and coconut flakes.
  2. Put the lid on the jar, and shake well.
  3. Put the jar in the fridge, and leave it there overnight
  4. Next morning, take the oats out of the fridge, spoon it into a bowl or container, and sprinkle it with the coconut and craisins.
And there you go! Super easy, and really delicious. I'll be putting a recipe up for apple-cinnamon overnight oats soon as well.

If you make this, let me know how it turned out! You can leave me a comment, or tag or hashtag me at kitchen512 on Instagram or Twitter. You can also email me at eatsatkitchen512@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments!

Happy Eating!
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment