Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pesto Shrimp Over Penne

Hi All ~

I was in a bit of a hurry today, so I whipped up this quick shrimp pesto, and threw it over pasta. I didn't make the pasta myself, but I found a great pesto sauce at Whole Foods that didn't have parmesan cheese (my roommate is allergic).

Servings: 1
Ingredients:

  • 6-7 raw, deveined shrimp
  • 3 Tablespoons basil pesto sauce
  • 1/2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (if pesto sauce is thick)
  • 1 cup Penne pasta
  • Sliced cherry tomatoes - optional
  • Shredded fresh basil - optional


Tools:
  • Small frying pan
  • Small pot
  • Strainer
  • Small cutting board
  • Small knife
Directions:
1. Boil water and chop garlic
Boil about 2.5 cups of water in your pot. Put in a dash of salt for flavor and to make the water boil faster. Peel and chop your garlic by hand or with a food processor.


2. Peel and sauté the shrimp
Peel the shrimp if it is not peeled - when doing this, peel off the tails as well. Heat your small pan to medium-high heat and put in 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil. Throw your shrimp and garlic in the pan, and sauté until pink throughout. Once the shrimp is cooked through, take your pan off the heat, but leave the shrimp in the pan.




3. Cook your pasta
Cooking time depends on the type of pasta you use - I used mini penne pasta. After the pasta is done cooking, pour it into the strainer.

4. Put in your pesto sauce
Put the pan with the shrimp back on the burner at medium heat. If your pesto sauce is thicker, like mine was, mix your pesto sauce with the extra tablespoon of olive oil. Pour the pesto sauce over the shrimps, and stir for about 2 minutes, or until the pesto sauce is warmed.



5. Plate it!

Put your pasta on a bowl or a plate, and pour the pesto shrimp mixture over the pasta. Garnish with sliced cherry tomatoes and basil if desired.



There you go! A super simple lunch or dinner. If you make this dish, let me know how it turned out by leaving me a comment below, or tagging or hash tagging me at kitchen512 on Instagram or Twitter. If you have any questions, you can email me at eatsatkitchen512@gmail.com!

Happy Eating!
-Tiffany

1 comment:


  1. I love this one We offer Fajita Seasoning Mix the finest quality spices in various quan

    ReplyDelete