Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cucumber Coins with chili pepper and furikake

Hi All ~

As I've affectionately named them, Cucumber Coins are my new favorite snack! They're extremely low in calories, and super healthy - and they taste good. What more could you ask for?

My recipe for Cucumber Coins has an asian flair. If you can't find the ingredients at your local market, and if you don't have an Asian market near you, Cucumber Coins can also be sprinkled with turmeric or garlic powder, brushed with olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkled with a little sea salt - the possibilities are endless! I'll be putting more cucumber recipes on my blog as I go.

Isn't it pretty?
Ingredients:

  • 1/2 tbsp Nanami Togarashi (a mix of japanese chili peppers and sesame seeds)
  • 1 cucumber or english cucumber
  • 1 tbsp Aji Nori furikake
  • sesame seeds
Tools:
  • cutting board
  • knife
Directions:
  1. If you have a regular cucumber, peel off the outsides first. I've found the skin of English Cucumbers to be less bitter, so you can eat them without peeling the skin
  2. Slice the cucumber in rounds of about 1/8 of an inch thick. They don't have to be perfect, but cutting them thicker will mean you have less spices for the surface area of the cucumber coin.
  3. Lay the cucumber coins out on a plate or platter, and sprinkle it with the nanami togarashi and the furikake. I don't measure what I use, so if you would like you can use more than the recipe calls for.
  4. Top with sesame seeds
There you have it! An easy, healthy snack - and it's perfect for taking on the go too! Let me know if you've topped your cucumber coins with anything different by commenting below, or tagging or hash tagging me at kitchen512 on Instagram or Twitter.

Happy Eating!
-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment